============================================================ Fundamentally Right: Tagged

Friday, June 17, 2005

Tagged

I’m it.. I’ve been tagged by a meme on books. I’m the tagee and my friend Soldado De Oracion from The LORD My Dad is the tagger.

Have to admit that I’m new to this meme thing, but it looks like a good excuse to share a little personal information about ones self. Perhaps these personal glimpses can provide insights into what motivates each of us to blog and why we say what we say.

Anyway, it appears to be fun, like the many summer evenings we spent as kids playing in the neighborhood, just as dusk was closing in, before I’m done here someone else is going to get tagged.. Fact is, five people are going to be “it”. Those are the rules, if you’re tagged, you must tag five other bloggers to share in the meme on books. So, if you find your blog listed at the bottom of this, you’re “it”.


Here are the four questions that must answered and passed on to other bloggers:


Total Number Of Books Owned Ever:
Just guessing, 800.

Last Book Bought: American Soldier by General Tommy Franks (actually it was received as a gift)

Last Book I Read: Reagan a Life in Letters by Skinner, Anderson and Anderson

Five Books That Mean A Lot To Me:

1. The Pursuit of God by A. W. Tozer
2. Waiting on God by Andrew Murray
3. Imitation of Christ by Thomas A Kempis
4. Slouching Towards Gomorrah By Robert H. Bork
5. America’s God and Country By William J. Federer

Of course, the Book of Books, the all time best seller, the Holy Bible is at the very top of my list. Indeed, I’d trade all the books in the world for the Bible, I have several translations. But like Soldado De Oracion has already expressed along with Pastor John, the Bible really isn’t a book, it’s the Word of the Living God, in a class with no other book.

I acquired a love for books as a child and never lost that love. I only wish I had more time to spend exploring them. I strongly recommend to you younger folks, those with children at home, read to your babies. You can’t start too soon. I began reading to our daughter almost as soon after she was born, lots of children’s Bible stories and other fun stuff.

What a precious time of bonding, sitting in dad’s lap sharing a good book, after book after book. I know many of you won’t believe this, but she was beginning to read when she was two years old. Today she still loves books, and will graduate from college in December, having acquired her degree in just three and a half years. Yes, I’m proud!

Enough about me, you’re it.

Sorry if you’ve been tagged for this before.
You’re tagged:

J.J. Bennett - Politics & More

Gates of Vienna

The Pulpit Pounder

Lucid Moments

Keel The Pot


God bless you and we’re looking forward to read about what you’re reading.

Brad

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *


<< Home




Bravenet SiteRing The Veterans Of America SiteRing

This site owned by
Fundamentally Right
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com
Ring of Conservative Sites Ring of Conservative Sites
JOIN!

[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List |
Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]