============================================================ Fundamentally Right: A Christmas Note

Thursday, December 16, 2004

A Christmas Note

Warm Christmas Season greetings from Fundamentally Right.


Promises, promises, promises, exaggerated claims and half- truths,
life is full of them! We get those promises all the time, everywhere, promises, promises… “Why promise what can’t be delivered? Tell me like it really is. It may not make me happy but at least I’ll know where I stand.” Have you ever felt that way? Me too. “Tell me the truth, I think I can take it.”

The Bible is full of promises isn’t it? Do you believe them? I like the one about eternal life; I really like that one.

One of the things that attract me most to Jesus is His way of straight talking. Jesus is loving, kind, forgiving and compassionate but He doesn’t mince words. Jesus tells it like it is. What He says isn’t always what I want to hear, but it’s what I need to hear.

“In this world you will have trouble”, Jesus said that in John 16:33. Please don’t say that, we don’t want to hear that! How about “In this world your life will be trouble-proof”? Yes, that’s more like it, trouble-proof. We can live with that. Promise me that!

Ah, but Jesus never promised “trouble-proof” in this life (Heaven, now that’s another story). There seems to be no shortage of trouble and Christians have their share of it.

Trouble cares little for Christmas; it doesn’t take a holiday. Christmas will be different in our nation again this year. In post 9/11 with the war and increasing persecution of Christians around the world, it’s different. I think we all are feeling it. Precious things have been lost but precious things have been found too. Christmas will be different but the Christ of Christmas will be the same. Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever.

That straight talking Jesus didn’t stop with “you will have trouble”. He went on to say “But take heart! I have overcome the world.” So be encouraged, God is in control despite the troubles. Jesus is still the Prince of Peace, let Him speak peace to your heart.

Take time this Christmas season to worship Jesus, the promised gift of God. Spend a little extra time with those you love, enjoy Christmas. Jesus the true promise keeper has it all in control.

Have a Merry Christmas

Brad



John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."
<< Home




Bravenet SiteRing The Veterans Of America SiteRing

This site owned by
Fundamentally Right
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com
Ring of Conservative Sites Ring of Conservative Sites
JOIN!

[ Prev | Skip Prev | Prev 5 | List |
Rand | Next 5 | Skip Next | Next ]